1. So, the last couple of weeks have been fairly busy ones. I had two rehearsals and two performances the week of the 20th. The Frisco Chorale, the local community choir that I am a member of, performed Beethoven’s Ninth with the Odysseus Chamber Orchestra, another local group. The performances went well, for the most part. There are always mistakes when it comes to live performances. It is the nature of the beast. But now that’s over and we are concentrating on our performance at the end of this month in Frisco.
2. I have begun a project, it’s not very far along, just cast on, but I will be unable to show pictures of it for some time as it is a gift for a friend of mine. I hope to have that finished soon, and to begin another present shortly there after.
3. I am doing my best to start my Christmas presents early this year so that I won’t be too stressed and rushing to finish by Christmas.
4. I still have yet to block the NES. But I was given an idea by a member of one of the stitch groups here in Frisco. She suggested that I block it in sections. I think this might work. I have some blocking rods that could be used to help section it off and keep the tension steady. We’ll have to see how it works out.
5. Last week, I really started to figure out what I wanted to do with my planner so that I could help keep me more organized. I love planners, they are the best. I’ve tried using apps and they just don’t work well for me.
6. I have made a monthly list of things I need to do, and I plan to make one every month.
7. Of course, I still have to follow it. This post was actually supposed to go out Wednesday, but obviously that didn’t happen. I got distracted, as often happens with me, but at least I’m trying to get back on track. And since we had plans for this weekend that I thought would be fun to add, I decided to post today instead. 🙂
8. I have decided to read more. Specifically books that I have in my possession and have not read yet, and other books that I have an interest in but have not taken the time to read.
9. One of those books is this one:
10. I have had this book for years, and I am bound and determined to read this stupid book before the end of the month. So far I am at page 3. That is an accomplishment, really. I’ve read science textbooks less difficult than this. It’s crazy, but I’m going to finish it.
11. I lost 3 pounds last week, which was awesome!
12. I gained one this week. 😦
13. On Monday, I was made a member of the CERT board and I now hold the position of Deputy Operations.
14. Today, I plan to look into the online courses offered by FEMA so that I can get some additional training and become more comfortable with my new role.
15. It’s a little intimidating.
16. I have a goal of walking most days during the month of May. I started last week, and I got in more than 10000 steps yesterday.
17. The reason I was able to get those steps in yesterday is because we went to Scarborough Faire.
18. I love going to Scarborough. It’s fun.
19. There are shops:
20. And gardens:
21. And of course plenty of costumes:
22. Even The Doctor was there
23. We had a lot of fun.
24. Then we headed home and played with George so that he wouldn’t feel like we abandoned him.
25. He got to play Frisbee, and just hang out in the back yard on a lovely afternoon.
26. That is one happy boy.